While our perspective on life’s circumstances is clearly personal, it also affects others. Our attitude not only influences our actions, it also spills over into the lives of everyone we connect with. It’s contagious—it’s public.
The Bible tells us, the Lord offers us fresh new mercies each morning—His love never ceases. God’s promises are there for the taking, but it’s up to us to choose our outlook for each day.
October is technically positive attitude month. So, I invite you to consider an attitude adjustment. Given this opportunity for self-evaluation, is there room for improvement? How would a change in perspective change our results in our relationships, workplace or perhaps in the community?
Wade Boggs said, “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” Who wouldn’t want extraordinary results? As a life coach, I’m in the business of positive attitude. No one hires me to help them fail. May I coach you through an attitude adjustment?
What’s your starting position, your go-to attitude? Is your glass half full or half empty?
- Notice the words you speak. Do they encourage? Has sarcasm crept into your conversations?
- How does your body language reflect your beliefs?
- Actions speak for you. What message do they convey?
Begin with the end in mind… Paint the picture of a positive home, workplace, or a place of your choice. What would you like to see happen?
- How do you greet each other?
- How do you interact? Collaborate?
- What do your family, friends, peers, clients and vendors say about you?
- What’s your level of productivity?
Identify your resources… What encourages and supports you personally and in the workplace? Create a personal development plan that supports your goals. Make sure to include:
- Spirituality… What do you believe?
- Health + Wellness… Nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress reduction, all of these influence your attitude. Where can you improve?
- Relationships… Who is in your circle of influence?
- Finances… What does financial peace mean to you?
- Accountability… Who will hold you accountable for your goals?
Walk it out: Starting with the decision to choose a positive attitude, become fully aware of your starting position, be clear on your destination and equip yourself with a personal development plan… Success is imminent.
Note: If all of this is way too much thinking for you, then consider a basic first step: Smile.
Expect Extraordinary! There is power in a made-up mind. Let a positive attitude be your go-to place. Walk in the confidence that your contribution matters. Take pride in your life.
“A Negative Attitude is the key to success” said no one ever.
“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
Photo by Kyle Glenn